Pages

Friday, August 1, 2014

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Obsidian (Lux Series #1)Title: Obsidian
Author:  Jennifer L. Armentrout                
Release: 5/8/2012
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Purchase:  B&N / Amazon

There's an alien next door. And with his looming height and eerie green eyes, he's hot...until he opens his mouth. He's infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, he marks me. Turns out he has a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal his abilities and the only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to him until my alien mojo fades. If I don't kill him first, that is. 

My Thoughts:

Jennifer Armentrout does a hell of a job creating original and plausible stories, and Obsidian does NOT disappoint.  Katy is a lover of books, smart, and is strong and determined.  She doesn't take any shit and is determined to try and not show Daemon that she wants him.  Well, she tries hard but fails.  As any normal girl would.  I mean really, Daemon is a book boyfriend that you love to hate.  And did I mention he is Drool-worthy????
Daemon is an ASS.  That's right, I said it.  He is an ass to Katy from the start, but as the book progresses his "true" self begins to shine through.  Daemon is a complex being.  His past, and present are riddled with rules and worries. He will do anything to protect his sister and his way of life.  He is tall, dark, gorgeous, and with his shirt off you will lose your words........ Enough about the guy... lets get to the story.
The story is original and very well written.This book is packed with mystery and secrets, pain and pleasure, danger and attraction.... This book has everything.  Battles are fought, friends are made, worlds turned upside down.  I need not go on.
This is the start to an Amazing series!  After you read this, you will run out to buy the next one immediately. 
   

5 out of 5 stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment